(Scope of Application)
1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements accommodated to be entered into between this Ryokan and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2. In the case when the Ryokan has entered into a special contractwith the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(Application for Accommodation Contracts)
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan shall notify the Ryokan of the following particulars:
(1) Name of the guest(s)
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the attached Table No.1)
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contracts at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts. etc.)
1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Ryokan has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Ryokan has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Ryokan within the limits of Basic AccommodationCharges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Ryokan.
3. The deposit shall be first used for Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 if applicable, and the remainder, if any shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as period of payment of the deposit is specified.
(Special Contracts requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
1. Notwithstanding the provision of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Ryokan may enter into a special contract requiringno accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2. In the case when the Ryokan has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and /or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be construed as that the Ryokan has accept a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
1. The Ryokan may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
・ When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
・ When the Ryokan is fully booked and no room is available.
・ When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
・ When the guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
・ When the Ryokan/Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
・ When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation dueto natural calamities, dysfunctions of the facilities and/or other unavoidable cause;
・ When the provisions of Article (No.５)of Prefectural Ordinanceare applicable.
・ When the Guest seeking accommodation is identified as a member of an organized crime group, or is involved with an organized crime group, or is involved with an organized crime group or other antisocial force, as specified by the Law Concerning Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members.(hereinafter referred to as ﾒorganized crime groupﾓ)
・ When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered as a member of a corporate body or other groups whose business is governed by an organized crime group or similar groups;
・ When the Guest seeking accommodation operates or is considered as a member of corporate body whose Board Members belong to a group that is deemed an organized crime group or similar groups;
・ When the Guest seeking accommodation commits any illegal acts of violence, intimidation, extortion, or other threatening acts to the Ryokan facilities or its employees, or requests the Ryokan to assume unreasonable burden, or is deemed liable to have ever committed the same acts against them;
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contracts by so notifying the Ryokan.
2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contraction whole or in part due to causes for which the
3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities which have been provided for him by the Ryokan and are at his disposal.
(Responsibility of Our Ryokan)
1. In the case that we have inflicted damage on the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract and related Contracts or in breach of these Contracts. We shall compensate for the said damage, unless the said damage has been caused due to a cause not attributable to us.
2. If you found insects in the room , we canﾕt reduction or
exemption the accommodation fee. But wa will get rid of the insects instead.
3. Our Ryokan is covered by the Ryokan liability insurance to cope with emergencies in the case of fire act.
(Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
1. The Ryokan shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms,arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation can not be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Ryokan cannot provide accommodation due to the causes for which the Ryokan is not liable, the Ryokan shall not compensate the Guest.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
1. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash, or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to cause of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Ryokan has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Ryokan shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000 yen.
2. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Ryokan, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Ryokan by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the Guest, except in case of the damage caused through intention or gross negligence on the part of the Ryokan, the Ryokan shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000 yen.
(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest)
1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Ryokan before his arrival, the Ryokan shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Ryokan. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Ryokan by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Ryokan shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Ryokan shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
3. The Ryokan’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraphs 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraphs 1, and with the provisions of Paragraphs 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraphs 2.
(Liability in regard to Parking)
1. The Ryokan shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest utlizes the parking lot within the premises of the Ryokan, as it shall be regarded that the Ryokan simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited with the Ryokan or not. However, the Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the parking lot.
(Liability of the Guest)
1. The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Attached Table No.1
Calculation method for Accommodation Charges
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12).
to be paid
by the Guest
|Accommodaition Charge||1) Basic Accommodation Charge
(Room Charge + Breakfast ＆ Dinner)
|Extra Charge||2) Extra Meals ＆ Drinks
(other than Breakfast and Dinner and
|Taxes||a. Consumption Tax|
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charge for Ryokan (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|1 to 14||15 to 30||31 to 100||Special period|
|1 Day prior to Accommodation||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|2 Day prior to Accommodation||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|3 Day prior to Accommodation||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|5 Day prior to Accommodation||50%||50%||70%||70%|
|6 Day prior to Accommodation||50%||50%||70%||70%|
|7 Day prior to Accommodation||50%||50%||70%||70%|
|8 Day prior to Accommodation||30%||30%||50%||50%|
|14 Day prior to Accommodation||30%||30%||50%||50%|
|15 Day prior to Accommodation||–||–||30%||30%|
|30 Day prior to Accommodation||–||–||30%||30%|
1. The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy (when acceptedless than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date) with fractions counted as a whole number.
4. Special period (12/31～1/3, 5/3～5/5, 8/13～8/15)